- About Us
- Student Organizations
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Prospective Members and Parents
- Chapter and Council Resources
- Academic Resources
- Alumni and Advisor Outreach and Involvement
- Volunteerism and Civic Engagement
- Peer Involvement Advisors
- Campus and Community Involvement Scholarships
- Housing Options
- Assessment Plans and Reports
Funding for Recognized Student Organizations
Recognized Student Organizations are eligible to apply for funding through the Student Activity Finance Board (SAFB), a function of Student Council. Serving as guardian for both the student body and funded student organizations, SAFB provides financial guidance and assistance and ensures student funds are used for their intended purpose. SAFB provides funding recommendations and information to the Student Council membership free of bias or discrimination. Student Life monitors financial activities and provides training and advisement to the student organizations and SAFB.
Student organizations receiving financial support from student activity fees are required to prepare a budget of its income and expenditures each academic year. Budget recommendations will be made by the SAFB to the Student Council for approval and recommendation to the campus administration. Student organization accounts are subject to audit. Everyone applying for SAFB funding must be in accord with the SAFB CODE
Club Appropriations and Campus Events:
- The total amount available in the club appropriations and campus events fund for student organizations are listed at the end of the respective applications.
- Application deadline for Club Appropriations is 4:00pm on Friday, September 14, 2018 with paper copies to Gracie Carroll in Student Involvement, 228B Havener.
- Campus Events applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event. For events occurring within the first 60 days of any semester, applications must be submitted during the semester prior to the event no less than 40 business days before the end of the semester.
Non-Varsity Sports and Professional Projects funds are distributed annually in the fall semester only.
Funding Applications and Instructions are available on the SAFB website.